Outlook 2003 Setup
To set up your Outlook 2003 client :
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts...
- Click Add a new e-mail account, and click Next.
- Choose POP3 as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full ByteMeMail email address (email@example.com)
Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.YOURDOMAINNAME.com
Enter one of the following in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field. (depending on your internet connection)
- 'smtp.saix.net' - if you connect through Telkom ADSL
- 'smtp.vodacom.co.za' - if you connect through Vodacom
- 'smtp.mtn.co.za' - if you connect through MTN
- 'smtp.wbs.co.za' - if you connect through iBurst
- 'smtp.cellc.co.za' - if you connect through Cell C
- 'smtp.sentechsa.com' - if you connect through Sentech
- 'smtp.mweb.co.za' - if you connect through MWeb
- 'smtp.tiscali.co.za' - if you connect through Tiscali
- 'smtp.isdsl.net ' - if you connect through Internet Solutions
- ''mail.YOURDOMAINNAME' - International - set the SMTP PORT TO 587 and enable my outgoing server requires authentication (use same settings as my incoming server)
User Name: Enter your ByteMeMail username (including @yourdomain.com)
Password: Enter your ByteMeMail password
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings... After receiving Congratulations! All tests completed successfully, click Close.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve ByteMeMail messages.