These are the instructions for setting up your ByteMe Online hosted email if you have Microsoft Outlook 2010 for your email client.
1) Open Outlook by clicking on the icon. If you have never setup Outlook for use with email, then you will get the screen below. If you have already setup an email account in Outlook, you will not see this page. If that is the case, go to the File tab at the top, and click on Account Settings and Accoutn Settings in the submenu. Click New on the new window that pops up.
2) The next screen is what you see if you have not already setup an account in Outlook. If you have already setup an account in Outlook, you will hit Next, and you will see the screen below this one.
3) From this point on, both setups should be the same. Put a check mark the blank at the bottom that says "Manually configure server..."
4) Hit Next.
5) Make sure the Internet E-mail selection at the top is selected and hit Next.
6) Enter the following information for E-mail Accounts.
- Your Name: Enter the name you wish recipients to see when they receive your message.
- E-mail Address: This is the address that your contacts' email program will reply to your messages. This is also the address that will get recorded in your contacts' address book if they add you as a contact.
- Account Type: POP3
- Incoming mail server: pop.YOURDOMAINNAME.com
- Enter one of the following in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field. (depending on your internet connection)
- 'smtp.saix.net' - if you connect through Telkom ADSL
- 'smtp.vodacom.co.za' - if you connect through Vodacom
- 'smtp.mtn.co.za' - if you connect through MTN
- 'smtp.wbs.co.za' - if you connect through iBurst
- 'smtp.cellc.co.za' - if you connect through Cell C
- 'smtp.sentechsa.com' - if you connect through Sentech
- 'smtp.mweb.co.za' - if you connect through MWeb
- 'smtp.tiscali.co.za' - if you connect through Tiscali
- 'smtp.isdsl.net ' - if you connect through Internet Solutions
- ''mail.YOURDOMAINNAME' - International - set the SMTP PORT TO 587 and enable my outgoing server requires authentication (use same settings as my incoming server)
- User Name: Enter your ByteMeMail username (including @yourdomain.com)
- Password: Enter your ByteMeMail password
- Click the "More Settings..." button
- Click OK.
Click Test Account Settings... After receiving Congratulations! All tests completed successfully, click Close.
8) Hit Finish.
And just like that. You're done