To configure your client:
- Open Outlook or Outlook Express.
- Click the 'Tools' menu, and select 'Accounts...'
- Click 'Add,' and then click 'Mail...'
- Enter your name in the 'Display name:' field, and click 'Next.'
- Enter your full ByteMeMail email address (email@example.com) in the 'Email address:' field, and click 'Next.'
- Enter 'pop.YOURDOMAINNAME' in the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server:' field.
- Enter one of the following in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:' field. (depending on your internet connection)
- 'smtp.saix.net' - if you connect through Telkom ADSL
- 'smtp.vodacom.co.za' - if you connect through Vodacom
- 'smtp.mtn.co.za' - if you connect through MTN
- 'smtp.wbs.co.za' - if you connect through iBurst
- 'smtp.cellc.co.za' - if you connect through Cell C
- 'smtp.sentechsa.com' - if you connect through Sentech
- 'smtp.mweb.co.za' - if you connect through MWeb
- 'smtp.tiscali.co.za' - if you connect through Tiscali
- 'smtp.isdsl.net ' - if you connect through Internet Solutions
- 'mail.YOURDOMAINNAME' - International - set the SMTP PORT TO 587 and enable my outgoing server requires authentication (use same settings as my incoming server)
- Click 'Next.'
- Enter your ByteMeMail username (including '@yourdomain.com') in the 'Account name:' field. Enter your ByteMeMail password in the 'Password:' field, and click 'Next.'
- Click 'Finish.'
- Highlight ByteMeMail under Account, and click Properties.
- Click the Servers tab, and check that your settings look simliar to the screenshot below.
- Click OK.
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Gmail messages.